The responsibility for web accessibility does belong to just one person or department. There are many roles that play an important part.
- Business leaders need to understand how to include accessibility in the product life cycle and how to ensure quality control.
- Managers must be trained in allocating accessible resources, monitoring accessibility testing, and scheduling accessibility improvements for implementation.
- Designers and developers must understand the end-user experience. They should be trained in WCAG implementation techniques and W3C/ARIA enhanced functionality.
- Content creators need to learn how to write in plain language.
- Buyers need to know how to hire accessibility specialists and accessible tools.